[fpc-pascal] Out of scope method?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Thu Apr 6 15:13:56 CEST 2017

Hi Ryan,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com> wrote:
> Hmm, that sounds like a hack. Is the verdict this is generally a bad idea? I was
> just curious about it and it seems like a reasonable feature a language may have.

I can guarantee that reference counting is not a bad idea.
I have been using this for years and in my own code I do not use Free
method anymore (only if I need to use some classes of RTL or some 3rd
libs/frameworks), internally, on private methods.

But you need to code using another approach, another mindset...

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas