[fpc-pascal] corba interfaces - is/as not working properly

Thu Sep 29 00:31:38 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-28 22:59, David Emerson wrote:
> Is it possible to use Supports / QueryInterface / GetInterface /
> something else, without having a GUID?

I'm not sure. I just had a look at my code. It seems all my [Corba]
Interface have GUID's defined too. I never noticed - probably down to
habit from my COM Interface days with Delphi 4-7.

Ctrl+Shift+G in Lazarus IDE should generate a GUID for you.

> Alternately, if I give a GUID does an interface not automatically become
> COM + managed?

No definitely not! The GUID just helps the compiler or RTL identify an
Interface.

Regards,
  Graeme