[fpc-pascal] Cross platform mobile development

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Wed Sep 7 18:41:05 CEST 2016

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 4:00 AM, fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org wrote:
>
> If you only target Android, though, for now LazAndroidModuleWizard still
> provides the best experience. It's still our lovely Pascal with its turbo
> compilation speed, light final APK size (not lighter from handcoded Java for
> sure, but still light) and fast RAD drag n drop development. Actually, the
> lower lever library that LazAndroidModuleWizard uses is written by simonsayz
> which also writes the same library for iOS. It's a bit unfortunate that the
> componentization and packaging does not abstract both libraries as LCL does
> at desktop level.
>
> For your convenience:
> Package: https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard
> Android: http://blog.naver.com/simonsayz/220480419289
> iOS: http://blog.naver.com/simonsayz/220485321971

I did enough research in Android for FPC to know I could do a simple OpenGL game using the JNI but it didn’t look very complete and I never could get the compiler built on my Mac. Is there enough of the Android NDK (I think it’s called) ported to Pascal so that it’s useful?

Doing something like Xamarin looks easiest because Android seems like it’s going to be hard to get working as well as iOS.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph