[fpc-pascal] Linking to Linux on a FreeBSD system with Linux emulated ?

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 06:02:14 CEST 2016

> And for a other problem with fpc, no aswer yet...
>  https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/57520/
> <https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/57520/>

Yep, this one I get it.

This fpc parameter (that I was using) is not compatible for cross compiling:
-*XX* (Link   smart).

Without this, fpc can compil FreeBSD 32 bit applications on a FreeBSD 64 bit
system and those 32 bit applications can run. ;-)

Now, what is still missing is to compil Linux applications on a FreeBSD 64
bit system.

In FreeBSD forum they explain that FreeBSD 64 bit can run Linux 64 bit
applications (I am able too) but can only link Linux 32 bit applications
(that cannot be run on a FreeBSD 64 bit system).

But they work on make run Linux 32 bit applications too.

So, I will shill out and wait for FreeBSD update.

Many thanks for help.

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)