[fpc-pascal] Linking to Linux on a FreeBSD system with Linux emulated ?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Sep 1 23:09:56 CEST 2016

On Do, 2016-09-01 at 13:54 -0700, fredvs wrote:
> > See Greames message for why you still will have to use the Linux ld.
> > Your error message clearly says, the FreeBSD linker can only create bfsd
> > code for i386 and x64.
>
> >> Supported emulation: elf_x86_64_fbsd and elf_i386_fbsd
>
> Yes, before to sent that topic, I have try with the Linux ld and...
> in fact it is absolutely the same file than ld-freebsd. (same size, same
> date).
>
> And using ld-linux gives the same message:
>
> >> Supported emulation: elf_x86_64_fbsd and elf_i386_fbsd
>
> So, maybe, (I do not know *ld*), like Jonas said, *ld *needs parameters to
> change default elf.
> But yes, the best is to try it. And asap. I will try to find time tonight.

Sorry, I can't help you much with that, ld-linux is not installed here
and I don't know which package it is from.

But many binaries are links to the original binary which, when started,
check under what name they were started and behave accordingly. So the
fact that it's the same binary does not mean it cannot do the job.

Try asking it what options in knows with --help or -h or whatever works.
And have a look at the man page with "man ld-linux".

If all that gives not enough hints you could go to www.freebsd.org and
look in the at the documentation. The handbook and maybe the developers
handbook or FAQ may help.

HTH somehow,
Marc