[fpc-pascal] Error: Identifier not found "Heap Error"

Luiz Gonzaga de Oliveira Neto luiz.g.oliveira.neto at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:50:20 CEST 2016

Hello all,

As mentioned in a previous e-mail, I'm having my first contact with Pascal
during my Masters research, trying to compile a code provided by a
professor.

The first mistakes I had regarded the *memavail *and *maxavail* functions,
which I've read are not supported anymore. I believe I have overcome these
issues, but I still get the following error:

OPTIQAP.PAS(18,21) Error: Identifier not found "HeapError"
OPTIQAP.PAS(19,6) Error: Identifier not found "HeapError"

As I mentioned in the previous e-mail, this code was provided by me by a
reputed professor, so I have reasons to believe it's correct. My question
is: do you know if this error could be happening due to some version
incompatibility or some missing flag during compilation? Or is it probably
caused by some mistake in the code? Or would you need more information to
answer this?

Sorry if the question is silly, as I've mentioned, this is my first contact
with Pascal and FPC.

Thanks in advance for any help,
--
------  Luiz G. de Oliveira Neto ------