[fpc-pascal] fcl-db + IPv6 + Firebird

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Oct 7 11:04:37 CEST 2016

On 07/10/16 09:43, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> 1. Does fcl-db code support connecting to databases (any DB servers)
>       listening to IPv6 connections?
>
>    2. Does anybody know how to tell Firebird RDBMS to listen to IPv6
>      connections? From the 'netstat -a' output I can see that
>      my Firebird server is only listening to IPv4 tcp connections.
With Firebird this should have nothing to do with the fcl-db and
everything to do with the Firebird Client library DLL or ".so". You will
need Firebird 3 for IPv6 and my understanding is that this uses IPv6 by
default with fallback to IPv4. That is the server will normally listen
on an IPv6 socket but accept IPv4 incoming. The client initiated
connection uses IPv6 or IPv4 depending on the database path name. The
release notes have more info.

Tony Whyman
MWA