[fpc-pascal] SysSetCtrlBreakHandler

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Nov 28 10:49:15 CET 2016

On Mon, November 28, 2016 01:45, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
>> On the subject of cross-platform console applications...
>
> While working recently on converting libwebsockets header to FPC, I ran
> into a need of adding Ctrl-Break handlers (used in sample apps).
> I was actually surprised of the presence of SysSetCtrlBreakHandler
> function in RTL.
> But i was even more surprised it doesn't do anything useful (for console
> application).
>
> So here's the first patch for Windows
>
> If this one is good (or made to the state, when it's good), I'm looking
> into providing the same patches for linux and darwin.

Thanks, I'll certainly have a look at it and apply your patch if it works
as expected. I created the SysSetCtrlBreakHandler infrastructure when
trying to ensure compatibility of unit Crt and FreeVision with the
original TP/BP behaviour under OS/2 and preferred to use a generic and
common approach rather than use different hacks for different units and
different platforms.

Tomas