[fpc-pascal] Interface performance

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:50:09 CET 2016

Am 11.11.2016 15:16 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys" <
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk>:

> On 2016-11-11 10:52, Tony Whyman wrote:
> > Someone else may correct me, but with CORBA, I believe you have to
> > explicitly add a function to the interface such as
> >
> > function GetObject: TMyObject;
>

> I may be wrong too, but I thought, for reliable results, you had to do
> that for COM and CORBA style interfaces. Then again, I've used
> Interfaces for 15+ years and once I have a interface reference, I never
> needed to get back to the originating object. Maybe I was just lucky in
> my use cases. ;-)

For COM interfaces there is support for the as-operator as every TObject
has an implicit self reference interface that's returned by
QueryInterface(). The raw CORBA interfaces (or internally called raw
interfaces) don't have such a method thus no such as-operator.

Regards,
Sven