[fpc-pascal] FreeBSD distro with fpc as star.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Nov 9 08:31:22 CET 2016

On Tue, November 8, 2016 3:24 am, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08.11.2016 03:12, Lars wrote:
> "FpGUI" used to be an option (one of a selection of Widget Types,
> together with e.g. "GTK2", "CustomDraw", ...). At some point in time the
> "WidgetType" menu in the project options had been replaced by a
> possibility to set the appropriate Macro Value in "additions and
> Overrides".

Doesn't fpgui take a different approach to programming, so if you start a
project in win32/gtk style, you can't easily port it to fpgui due to
enormous differences here and there in the way gui programming is done..

As I'm out of touch with fpGUI (really want to try it, just a matter of
making time), I'm ignorant on this. But it's not like you can just flip a
switch and recompile a existing lazarus app to use fpGUI that was
originally written for win32/gtk/kde style programming?