[fpc-pascal] FreeBSD distro with fpc as star.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Nov 9 08:28:31 CET 2016

On Tue, November 8, 2016 4:04 am, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08.11.2016 03:12, Lars wrote:
>

>> Does lazarus even know about fpGUI
>>
> Version 1.6 on Windows: even in the GUI:
> Project -> Project Options -> Additions and Overrides -> Set
> "LCLWidgetType" -> Drop Down selection Value "fpgui".

I see. Also Graeme's email explained it too. However, how compatible are
these widget sets with each other? Since they are coded with entirely
different styles, you can't just select fpgui and recompile the app,
right? You have to take an entirely different coding approach. So you
weren't trying to imply that lazarus, could be recompiled to use fpgui
based widgets inside the lazarus exe/elf itself? i.e. a lazarus ide, that
is based on fpgui widgets, so it could run on pure X and no gtk/kde
needed. To me that would seem like a huge leap. If possible, almost magic.