[fpc-pascal] picture preview

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Tue Nov 8 21:33:45 CET 2016

> if I want load a bitmap picture for extracting a small preview of it,
> what component or library would be best?

fcl-image (http://wiki.freepascal.org/fcl-image) is the basis of LCL image
processing components and routines, so you can for sure use that. I use it
to resize uploaded pictures in one of my web applications. TFPImageCanvas
(TFPCustomCanvas to be precise) implements CopyRect which you can use for
cropping. The wiki article (and the package directory) has some examples to
start with.