[fpc-pascal] Assigning Interface method to event handler

Wed May 25 13:53:51 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-25 12:18, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I am not sure this is safe to do, since an event handler exists of 2
> pointers: data and method. As far as I know, an interface does not have a
> data pointer.

I don't fully understand your statement about 2 pointers? An event
handler is simply a procedure of a object. When an event is triggered,
that simply means the procedure is called and parameters are passed to it.

So that explains why my code worked - I'm simply calling a method of
that interface. This all works as long as the interface reference stays
in scope of course - which it is in my case

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/