[fpc-pascal] Smart Pointers

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 23:00:23 CEST 2016

On 11.05.2016 22:23, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 11.05.2016 um 14:12 schrieb Maciej Izak:
>>
>>     Anything the compiler needs *must* be in the system unit. The compiler
>>     should only assume the system unit, possibly objpas or macpas or so.
>>
>>     All the rest should remain out of the RTL, which should be as small as
>>     possible. So rtl-generics is your best bet. Even the classes unit is better
>>     outside the rtl, but I think Marco is reluctant to remove it.
>>
>>     I have remarked on this before: this tight dependency you are creating is very worrying.
>>

>> FPC team is very selective and with double standards and that is very worrying. For example fgl
>> module is part of RTL
>
> Actually, once classes should again use fgl for the TList etc. implementations. This was already
> done, but reverted again. I do not remember the reason though.

According to the log Michael had reverted it to break the dependency of
Classes on fgl. Then Micha had again added the code under the
FPC_TESTGENERICS define... Nothing more was given :/
Maybe I'll try and see whether the code in that define still works or
what changes would be needed to get it working and up to state with the
non-generic one again. :) (at least with 3.0.0 generics would definitely
be up to the task now :D )

Regards,
Sven