[fpc-pascal] Smart Pointers

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:12:39 CEST 2016

> Anything the compiler needs *must* be in the system unit. The compiler
> should only assume the system unit, possibly objpas or macpas or so.
>
> All the rest should remain out of the RTL, which should be as small as
> possible. So rtl-generics is your best bet. Even the classes unit is better
> outside the rtl, but I think Marco is reluctant to remove it.
>
> I have remarked on this before: this tight dependency you are creating is
> very worrying.

FPC team is very selective and with double standards and that is very
worrying. For example fgl module is part of RTL just because is usefully
for Sven for testing purposes (! that is curious). There is no reason in
keeping that module in RTL but is in RTL because we have double, selective
and irrational standards. Generics.* is absolute other category of module
with base and complex support for *any* stuff related to generics + has
better testing purposes than fgl.

Please just don't add Generics.* into FPC as package. :/

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak