[fpc-pascal] RTL and Unicode Strings

Mazo Winst mazofeifer at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:24:01 CEST 2016

Hello all,

I am very confused about the way the system codepage are determined.
>From what i understand, the string codepage is determined at runtime in a
platform dependent manner. Suppose that my app needs to read a file encoded
with UTF-8. Suppose that my app runs on Windows, where the system codepage
is most likely to be Windows ANSI. As RTL will use the system codepage,
Windows ANSI doesn't support the full range of unicode chars and need to
use RTL to read the file, what should i do to prevent data loss?

How the sqldb package handles this point?

Best regards