[fpc-pascal] CMem issue?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 12:28:19 CET 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 4:02 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
wrote:
[...]

> *Always* put an alternate memory manager as the first unit. I think that
> requirement is even documented somewhere...

Thanks for share this information.

> Also don't use -gh with alternate memory managers. They are *both* memory
> managers and thus will lead to conflicting situations.

Hmmmm... I didn't know about this conflicting, thanks again! :-)

Is there some way to report possible memory leaks when my memory manager is
the cmem?

Now I omitted the -gh and declared the units as:

=== code ===

uses
  cmem, Classes, SysUtils;

=== /code ===

And the problem was:

=== error ===

C:\Users\silvioprog\Desktop\av>project1.exe
An unhandled exception occurred at $0040B8E2:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $0040B8E2

=== /error ===

--