[fpc-pascal] UNICODE define

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jun 29 20:20:40 CEST 2016

On 29/06/16 20:16, LacaK wrote:
> But before I have asked here, I have searched RTL sources and I found
> many times lines like this:
>
> {$ifdef FPC_OS_UNICODE}
>   {$define UNICODE}
> {$endif}
>
> And this lead me to confusion, if UNICODE is really compiler define or
> not as far as UNICODE is defined repeatedly unit by unit

That's probably because instead of adapting the existing unit code to
deal with the fact that the compiler now defined FPC_OS_UNICODE instead
of UNICODE, someone quickly added the above code instead. It's
definitely not the right way to go about things, and will completely
break down completely if those units were compiled with {$modeswitch
unicodestrings} since then UNICODE will be defined as well.

Jonas