[fpc-pascal] reference-counted function results not initialized to nil

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Wed Jun 29 00:53:10 CEST 2016

Philosophical arguments aside, I filed a bug against the documentation,
since one thing is clear-- that I and others were previously misled into
believing something that is not true.

http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30321

In the report, I included several references where the documentation
could be improved to make the compiler's behavior more clear. If anyone
wants to expand on that list, please feel free :)

Also perhaps the wiki could use some work in this regard.

~David.