[fpc-pascal] [Lazarus] FreePascal and Lazarus Foundation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jun 27 20:12:44 CEST 2016

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, Marc Hanisch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> very nice to hear about the foundation. Are you open for personal members?

That is the idea, but we still need to adapt the bylaws to allow this.

> I would be interested in promoting Lazarus and Free Pascal.
> When you get donations, how is the money split to the projects and who
> decides about which project is getting how much?

I had 2 tracks in mind:
- Donations for a specific project/purpose (similar to the bounty system).
- General donations.
The foundation members would vote for the project(s) to fund in the latter system.
We'd always need an estimate of how much work is involved for each project.

Michael.