[fpc-pascal] Bls: Bls: Quick Modern Object Pascal Introduction, for Programmers

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Jun 21 11:38:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Mr Bee wrote:

> > Maybe a little bit offtopic, but I have a question regarding the
> >compiler directives: is there a way to tell Lazarus to use these
> >directives in every new unit?

No clue about Lazarus, but one can put -mOBJFPC in his compiler config
file (same with other modes), and tell Lazarus somehow to use that config
file. I'm positive that it's possible and that changes the default. Same
with a lot of other modeswitches or default-changers, if you don't wanna
pollute all your sources with such switches, put it in your config file.
Just don't forget to document these options for your project's build
system.

(And if you use components which expects other modes (Delphi is pretty
common), you might need to add the modeswitch to them instead...)

Charlie