[fpc-pascal] Finding the path of a TJSONObject?

Thu Jun 16 17:52:37 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-16 16:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> You can't.
>
> There is no reference to the owner.

After I posted the message I took a closer look at the fpjson code and
came to the same conclusion. Apparently the same thing is true for other
JSON implementations too.

This is rather baffling - why can't you traverse backwards? It is such
a logical thing with any hierarchy of data. And judging by the amount of
questions on StackOverflow and other places on the Internet, it seems
many people would like a .Parent property too.

Would a patch for that be accepted?

Regards,
  Graeme