[fpc-pascal] how to expand a set?

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Wed Jun 15 20:33:12 CEST 2016

El 15/06/2016 a las 18:20, wkitty42 at windstream.net escribió:

>>> how is a set of sets defined?
>> No
>
> hunh?

I meant, you can't. A set is not an ordinal type, but an structured
type, so a set of sets is impossible.

> yup...
>
>   if (this.messages.area.num in UsersMsgTaggedAreas) then
>     begin
>       ScanForNewMessages(this.messages.area.num);
>
> ScanForUserMessages(this.messages.area.num,this.user.name,this.user.nick);
>     end
>   else
>     inc(this.messages.area);
>
>  ;)

That will work as long as UsersMsgTaggedAreas  is restricted to 256
different values or less.
And, not sure, but I think if num is out of the range of values of
UsersMsgTaggedAreas's base type  then the 'in' test won't result true or
false, but an error.

--
Saludos

Santiago A.