[fpc-pascal] The end of Gmane

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:02:22 CEST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 01:38:16 +0530, Vasudev Ram
<vasudevram at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier here already, or if it is
>considered off-topic (and if so, will not do it again). But I think it
>is relevant and of interest to people reading this list via Gmane:
>
>The End of Gmane? (ingebrigtsen.no)
>
>https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12180547

OH NO!!!
I have used the GMane SMTP->NNTP service since at least 10 years.
It is my main channel into development communities using mail lists
and is an invaluable resource.

I cannot even begin to understand how I would be able to solve the
programming problems I encounter without this resource available.

Mail lists is no alternative because there is no structure and I would
be flooded with email hiding the normal mail use. NNTP is king in
these regards.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden