[fpc-pascal] Textmode IDE splitscreen?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 26 00:24:31 CEST 2016

Am 25.07.2016 22:52 schrieb "James Richters" <james at productionautomation.net
>:
> I've tried Lazarus, for some reason I can't even get my program to compile
> with Lazarus, I get pages of errors.  Maybe I just don't know how to get
> Lazarus into Turbo Pascal Compatible mode..

In your project's settings there is somewhere among the compiler options
(sorry, I don't have it on front of me right now) a combobox that allows
you to select the default mode. This is normally "ObjFPC", but you want to
switch that to "TP".
Alternatively you can add "{$mode tp}" at the top of each of your units.

Please keep in mind though that quite some DOS tricks won't work when
compiled on Windows (due to virtual memory, different API, etc.). Though as
long as your program does not do any strange hardware accesses you should
be fine.

Regards,
Sven