[fpc-pascal] Parallel Port Access with Free Pascal - windows

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:22:20 CEST 2016

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:19:20 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>Or go the whole hog and
>port the program onto a Raspberry Pi: Bo's doing something like you're
>asking.

Yes, indeed! I now have something like 7-8 operational RPi units for
different purposes and in several places I have used the GPIO pins to
control and read back digital stuff from FPC programs. Very
convenient.

Last I did was to attach a 4-way relay board to a RPi and put a smapp
FPC command line program on it, which gets called from a PHP script on
the Apache webserver on the Pi.
Now I have a webpage, with which I can switch on/off the relays with
in order to control the operational state of some measuring equipment
sitting half way across the workd!

You could do a LOT with FPC and a Raspberry Pi!

Examples:
The Pi also runs an OpenVPN server so I can access it with PuTTY
and/or TightVNC to program it if I need to.

My Pi also has a port mapping utility which makes it possible for me
to remotely access a WiFi network device on a WiFi access point close
to the RPi again from a long distance away. THis was created with FPC
and Indy10 on the RPi.

>Any of those have the advantage that the electronics can be positioned
>to minimise the signal run carrying TTL. Long printer cables are
>generally bad news.

15 cm wires to the relay board...

--
Bo Berglund