[fpc-pascal] Resource strings, passwords etc.

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Wed Jul 13 10:54:06 CEST 2016

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-07-13 08:31, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Sometimes it's difficult to avoid having to do that sort of thing, or
>> obfuscating them in an external file.
> You could use something like DCPCrypt to help the cause. Or you could
> follow similar tactics to what OnGuard uses - encode sensitive text in a
> data structure. At the very least use a const of bytes instead of clear
> text. For example:

May I know what OnGuard is? googling it returns something irrelevant.

On the subject,  can the OP simply use UPX to encrypt the executable
binary. It won't be secured but no more unsecured than other simple
solutions.

UPX is at http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/free_upx_portable

The original sourceforge.net link is dead, I don't know why.

Dennis