[fpc-pascal] Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Thu Jul 7 18:05:51 CEST 2016

Sven Barth wrote:

> Am 07.07.2016 10:13 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys"
> <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk <mailto:mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk>>:
> >
> > Hi Dennis,
> >
> > Would you mind explaining what is a “reactive framework”?
>
> http://reactivex.io/
>
> Once we support helpers for interfaces and anonymous functions (and
> maybe lambda expressions ^.^ ) one could try to port it.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

How about for the time being, any library to help with distributing
tasks to various threads' queue.
Right now, only Application.QueueAsycnCall has a queue to which you can
send tasks (  procedure (integer) of object ).
Normal Tthread has  no queues.
I am implementing my own queues for worker thread and encounter some
problems when the program quits and some objects not being freed at the
right order.
The application then just hangs (I suppose because some objects are
still not freed so UI thread keeps on waiting). One of the 4 CPU cores
is thus at full capacity for ever.

I hope someone has done some work in this area which I can learn from.

Dennis