[fpc-pascal] Bls: Bug in FPC 3.0.0 (was: Bug in FPC 3.0.0?)

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 01:59:43 CET 2016

Pada Rabu, 24 Februari 2016 18:40, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> menulis:

 > In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
> > > (remember recent discussion about IfThen pseudo-function).
> >
> > More relevant to your situation, I remember discussion about adding an
> > identifier to WITH to use as an explicit shortcut, i.e. something like
> >
> > with foo= bar do
> >    foo.someField := ...
>
> Not relevant since the With code in this case must remain delphi compatible.>

Sometimes I just don't understand the policy of FPC devs about Delphi compatibility. In some cases, they said FPC isn't a slave of Delphi, FPC should have better goal than Delphi, there's the Delphi way and there's the FPC way, breaking old codes is consequence of a change, bla bla bla….
But in some other times, like now in this case, the 'with' case, they said that it must be Delphi compatible, don't break old codes, keep the compatibility, bla bla bla…. Like when they responded to my proposal to set {$J-} as default because that's how a const is suppose to be. And it's the default now on Delphi as well.
Maybe FPC devs should give us the "rule" or policy about what kind of change that is acceptable and not acceptable. So when we think of something new we could look at the rule and if it's doesn't comply then we don't need to bother to propose.
Regards,
–Mr Bee