[fpc-pascal] ARM CMSIS support

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Tue Feb 23 15:58:07 CET 2016

Marc Santhoff wrote:

> Did you use the stmf103fw.pas translation from Jeppe or make you own
> unit for supporting the 429?

I needed only a few peripherals (GPIO, USART, RCC and embedded FLASH). I
wrote this stuff by myself.

> My target would be f407, although the project in mind has to be done
> using an Atmel SAM7 now, programmed in C... :|

I used the AT91SAM7S256 controller 5 years ago (with fpc 2.3.1 btw). If
I had to use ATMEL, I would look at the SAM3S or SAM4S family. They
should replace the SAM7 which is now over 10 years old. But since ATMEL
has been bought by Microchip, I would avoid them.

Regards, Bernd.