[fpc-pascal] Bug in FPC 3.0.0 (was: Bug in FPC 3.0.0?)

Serguei TARASSOV serge at arbinada.com
Tue Feb 23 11:54:53 CET 2016

Michael Van Canneyt wrote
> The problem is in your code and the use of WITH, as I surmised in my
> previous mail.
>
> In 2.6.4, FieldDef is resolved to the LOCAL VARIABLE FieldDef.
> The code compiles ok.
>
> In 3.0.0, FieldDef is a NEW READ-ONLY property in TField.
> Because of the WITH, the compiler resolves FieldDef to this property, but
> it
> is read-only, an so it gives an error.

I see, but *it's not my code*, its a code of the big third-party framework
that is working well with all version of Delphi/C++ builder and Lazarus 1.x
with FPC 2.6.4.
You cannot recommend them to change code.
There are many other errors during compile, if someone is interesting I can
provide the list.

So the problem is in DB unit.
The mode Delphi is declared.
It should be compatible.