[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:42:27 CET 2016

Am 02.02.2016 15:39 schrieb "Serguei TARASSOV" <serge at arbinada.com>:

> On 02/02/2016 15:16, fpc-pascal-request at lists.freepascal.org wrote:
>>
>> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:36:25 +0100
>> From: Sven Barth<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>

>>> .
>>
>> No, he does not. Delphi and TP indeed guarantee an evaluation(!) from
left
>> to right.
>
> For expressions it is clearly documented.
> Is it documented for functions calling? I never saw such conventions.
> It may be a side effect of parsing but not a standard.
> Taking into account a calling convention, the more natural way is to
evaluate the arguments accordingly the order in which they are passed to
the routine.

I just checked. Up until XE2 it's documented regarding evaluation order for
register and pascal calling convention (the others are undefined with
exception of passing order), for XE3 it's only passing order for the two
and from XE4 on it's even don't care for the passing order... :/
If you want I can provide you the link later on.

Regards,
Sven