[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Tue Feb 2 13:32:28 CET 2016

On Tue 02/02/2016 09:27, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> The parameter evaluation order issue is irrelevant in this context:
> Delphi guarantees left-to-right (or used to anyway, this may have
> changed), FPC doesn't guarantee anything.

Wow, what's this? I never knew this. I have been using Borland products
since TP 1.0 and for me left-to-right is automatic, I don't even think
about it. If FPC doesn't guarantee this my code is full of potential
problems.
BTW using left-to-right does not mean non-robust code if it is guaranteed.

Andreas