[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 2 13:36:56 CET 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote on Tue, 02 Feb 2016:
>
> [evaluating all arguments to a function/intrinsic]
>> I'm just trying to to put any foaming-at-the-mouth argumentation using this
>> particular argument in perspective.
>
> I think this is rather disingenuous after your own foaming-at-the-mouth
> hyperbole (?) of reverting all changes and temporarily shutting down the svn
> server if someone else did something that you considered to be fundamentally
> wrong.

Oh please...

If someone really thought that was serious: *it was hyperbole*.

It's just a discussion. We're not judging life and death here.

Hence the "in perspective".

>> For a correct understanding: The compiler must behave predictable at all
>> times, no arguing there. But I don't think that iif() having different
>> semantics than all other functions, is a problem.
>
> Including all other functions called iif().
>
>> It just needs to be
>> documented properly. It is a non-issue for me.
>
> It is a deal breaker for me.

Maybe you will want to shut down SVN if it is done differently from what you
think is proper ? I'll give you the password ;-)

Michael.