[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:23:37 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

>> From the above I would vote for "InlineIf" or eve better "IfThenElse".
>>>

>> InlineIf sounds better than IIF. Very suggestive and correct. IfThenElse
>> looks more like "Immediate IF" (or IfThen) functionality.
>>

> InlineIf is fine with me.
>
> As long as it doesn't require & or some other special constructs.

It would be nice if the programmer could choose it from some compiler
switch, something like:

{$define ifthendecl := InlineIf}

or:

{$define ifthendecl := iif} // my favourite :3

or:

{$define ifthendecl := &if}

And the default could be IfThen.

Another nice feature sould be:

Ifso().

S := Ifso(True, 'SomeValue'); // S = 'SomeValue'

S := Ifso(False, 'SomeValue'); // S = ''

Just an idea. :-D

--
Silvio Clécio