[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:28:56 CET 2016

Am 01.02.2016 09:26 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:

>> The only really bad thing is the name, as Florian already said, with the
>> versions in strutils and math.  The clash with delphi compatible
functions
>> should be avoided.
>

> +1 . IfThen instricit is IMO very bad idea. I have a lot of "IfThen" from
math and strutils modules.

> IfThen from System totally breaks the compatibility :\ . C'mon Sven. In
one field you're rigorously but in something like this you're liberal
(braking/dangerous change / for existing code base).

It does *not* break existing code at all.
I have to admit though that I forgot about the potential problems due to
refactoring. I'll change the name to avoid this pitfall, though I've yet to
decide which one.

Regards,
Sven