[fpc-pascal] Linux installation, where to put fpc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:37:15 CET 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 14:20:27 +0100, Bart
<bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Note: I never build fpc or change it's source files, so I'm with them
>being in a location that I have no write access to.

Yes, in that case one could work that way.

But I am building fpc from sources (like I do for Lazarus too) and my
script for this puts fpc at the same location as you are giving. Has
to switch to sudo to do it...
But Lazarus goes right into the ~/dev/lazarus directory and works just
fine.
I might add that on my Linux box (Raspberry Pi3 with Raspbian) there
is only one user (pi) so it is not about having one installation that
is shared amongst users...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden