[fpc-pascal] How to split file of whitespace separated numbers?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 12:52:54 CET 2016

On 24/12/16 11:30, Lars wrote:
> On Fri, December 23, 2016 12:54 pm, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2016-12-23 18:27, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>
>>> Writing or even worse, reading/debugging regex is about the most
>>> intensive effort there is IMHO.
>>
>> So is standard programming code - if you don't know the syntax or how it
>> works. ;-)  Also the reason why I posted a couple of links to regex sites
>> to get the original poster started (in case he doesn't know regex). Here
>> is another link (by the author of EditPad Pro), who really knows his
>> regex!
>>
>> http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html
>>

> Next thing todo: implement PERL inside pascal programs, compiled in perl.
> Then, realize, why you didn't originally want to go there.... ;-)

Or even allow FPC to to call Lua.

I know this is rare and probably wouldn't happen outside the "season of
goodwill", but I actually agree with Graeme here: regexes are useful.
BUT FFS DOCUMENT WHAT YOU'RE DOING FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM!

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk