[fpc-pascal] List of integers? Any class available in RTL or FCL to help?

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Dec 14 08:35:06 CET 2016

On Mon, December 5, 2016 6:37 am, Sven Barth wrote:

> Again: I don't see why anyone thinks of generics as complex. Your mail
> did not answer that in any way.

Well for one, at least in Delphi, it forces you to throw stuff into a
class that have no need. Like a simple array...

This:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23447612/how-to-handle-a-plain-dynamic-array-using-generics

Is much more complex than my IncludeFileParametricPolymorphism invention
that allows you to program arrays generally, without throwing stuff into a
class just because classes are the only thing the compiler knows about
generically. Why? Why should everything be forced into a class when it
need not be.  Even PHP, as much as I hate it, allows you to program
generally, on simple functions/procedures without forcing something into a
class.

But I don't know enough about fps generics to know if stuff needs to be
forced into a class, as I have to start using generics and testing it out
to really know. From what I've seen though, I'm certainly not and have
never been a fan of less than and greater than signs....  They tick me off
enough in HTML enough. But that's not really a real point, that's just a
pet peeve to deal with...