[fpc-pascal] FPImage and mult-page TIFF support

Fri Dec 9 10:04:43 CET 2016

On 2016-12-09 07:28, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> > The 64bit is the maximum limit. I doubt the 99.99999%. Image editing
>> > require more than 8bit per channel since decades.
> And that is why we decided to use 64-bit.

Sorry, maybe I'm getting confused with the meaning of all than. What I'm
saying is that FPImage uses 16bit color channels, but literally only a
hand full (and I mean less than 5) of image editing programs support
16bit color channel images. Most image viewers can't even display those
either. eg: The most widely used image editing software for X11 based
systems, The GIMP, doesn't even support 16bit color channel images. Yet
everybody supports the defacto standard 8bits per channel images. So
every time anybody works with FPImage, we have to do constant
16bit-to-8bit color translations.  Where has the decision to default to
16bits per color channels come in useful in the history of FPImage?

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/