[fpc-pascal] Using the LCL without Lazarus

Thu Dec 1 13:54:06 CET 2016

On 2016-12-01 12:02, fredvs wrote:
> Did you download the release version of ideU here :
> https://github.com/fredvs/ideU/releases/tag/1.3.0 ?
> All is included and the voice synthesizer must work out of the box, without
> any configuration.

I think BobJ means... having instructions on how to enable SAK in ideU.
Say a README.txt file telling you exactly what to do, once ideU started
up for the first time.

eg:
  1) Run ideU from the command line.
  2) press Alt+I to open the "Settings" menu.
  3) Press E to open the "Extra Settings" dialog
  4) Press TAB 5 times, then press Spacebar to
     toggle "Enable SAK assistive at loading"
  5) Press Enter to close the dialog.
  6) Press Alt+F to open the "File" menu, then
      "X" to exit ideU.
  7) Now run ideU again, and this time it should have
     SAK enabled from the start.

I tested the above and it works under FreeBSD using ideU release 1.3.0

Fred, BobJ has a valid point about the 'up' or 'down' prompts. Pressing
Alt+F tells me I have the File menu open and New has focus. But then
when I press the up or down arrows it simply says "up" or "down" instead
of the actual menu caption that has focus. There seems to be some
inconsistency though, because if I move along the main menu items, they
are correctly read out. eg: Edit, Settings etc. But then sometimes it
doesn't read out those menu items either. eg: Moving from File to Edit,
in never read out "Edit", but then when moving from Edit to Target, it
read out "Target". Moving back to Edit, then suddenly it read out "Edit".

Something else to point out. In the file selection dialog of ideU, when
you tab to a ComboBox, it doesn't say it is a comobobox, doesn't read
out the current text in the combobox, and eg: it doesn't say you
selected the Filter ComboBox. When tabbing to checkboxes or buttons, it
gives clear verbal information that it is a button or checkbox and reads
the caption of those widgets.

Either way Fred, I think your SAK library is brilliant, and allows
assistive support to custom-drawn toolkits which other assistive
libraries don't make easy. I definitely believe you are not the right
track though.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/