[fpc-pascal] Delphi may have Linux support next year

Tue Aug 30 11:39:59 CEST 2016

On 2016-08-30 06:15, Anthony Walter wrote:
> What might be interesting is if the Delphi command line compiler could run
> on AMD64 Linux, but that's yet to be seen.

[I would assume your message is off-topic, so I set the reply-to of this
message to FPC-Other]

I doubt it will actually run on Linux, because then they would also need
a debugger, which then begs for an IDE to make debugging easier. So in
all likelihood, you would need a copy (and license) of Windows to
develop for Linux - just like you need for OSX/iOS development.

Just stick with FPC and have native tools for each platform. I see no
benefit of having Delphi these days. Delphi is outshined by Free Pascal
and Lazarus IDE for some years now.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/