[fpc-pascal] rtl-generics: Suggestion and question

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:03:56 CEST 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Maciej Izak <hnb.code at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> Using WARN OFF for whole module is rather bad, but might be (temporary)
> the only solution. IIRC FPC has many bugs for switching off warnings /
> hints especially for generics. Compiler likes to report warnings/hints in
> specialization place/module (which each of reported warnings was disabled
> in structure declaration).

IIRC FPC has the {$PUSH}/{$POP} switches allowing to enable/disable
switches, I would be happy if someone could confirm that.

TDictionary is very stable and well tested. Feel free to use that structure
> it definitely should stay without many modifications (generally public
> interface is stable - compatibility with Delphi).

Awesome, I'm going to do it! :-)

> the only candidate to remove is :
>
> procedure GetMemoryLayout(const AOnGetMemoryLayoutKeyPosition:
> TOnGetMemoryLayoutKeyPosition);

which was used only for testing purposes, thanks to GetMemoryLayout you can
> see how looks memory layout for each kind of dictionary (we have many
> memory layouts, even more - we have unique de-amortized cuckoo hashing -
> http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.0391 declared as THashMap/TFastHashMap).

Great. Does TDictionary descendant from one of those classes?

--
Silvio Clécio