[fpc-pascal] Are the TEncoding singletons thread-safe?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:25:23 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
wrote:

> Yes, but we cannot integrate any code that has been written by you based
> on the Delphi code you looked at, because the license does not allow you to
> rewrite that code into something that is licensed under the GPLv2 or later.

While in theory the issue is not as black and white (there is no definition
> in copyright of when exactly a work is independent and when it is
> derivative), to be on the safe side we do not accept code that has been
> written by someone after they looked at the Delphi code for the same
> functionality.

I understood and agreed.

But now I have a question: many Free Pascal programmers are Delphi
programmers too, having code that can be compiled in both compilers, and
sometimes they need to debug deeply, entering into the compiler code and
looking at it, so, can't a programmer contribute with Free Pascal in that
situation? If so, I have no more questions.

Well, to avoid more confusion I'll not send more patches to solve this
>> problem and I'm going to close my issue.
>>

> I have simply removed your code from the bug report, that is enough. Your
> description of how to fix it does not pose any problems.

No problem. Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio