[fpc-pascal] Are the TEncoding singletons thread-safe?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:38:07 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
wrote:

> On 11/08/16 15:17, silvioprog wrote:
>
>> I've opened a new issue sending a possible
>> patch: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30462
>> <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30462>.
>>

> Did you look at the Delphi source code for TEncoding?

No, I didn't. Sorry if I made some misunderstood, I look at Delphi source
just for check why it doesn't raise memory leak, I'm fully against piracy!
I look at other sources from another languages too, like DotGNU Encoding,
but just for analysis. The proposed possible patch is 100% genuine FPC
implementation, and unlike Delphi, I've used a plain critical section for
cross platform purposes.

--
Silvio Clécio