[fpc-pascal] Does Free Vision support utf8 on unix?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Aug 9 10:06:35 CEST 2016

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-08-08 19:54, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
>> Is this bug known or should I report it in the bug tracker?
>
> I don't know if it supports full Unicode (I doubt), but it does support
> some extended characters.

I think it only supports what is in code page 437, because that's the
code page that was used under DOS for Turbo Vision (and it's a
compatibility package). Since Free Vision nor the video unit doesn't
have nor never had any support for code page translation, you would have
to ensure that all strings you pass it are in that encoding.

Jonas