[fpc-pascal] TDBF (dBase) vs TurboPower FlashFiler

Serguei TARASSOV serge at arbinada.com
Sun Sep 27 13:14:31 CEST 2015

Hello,

DBF and majority of others xBase are not real DBMS but record managers
(there is no "database" notion, referential integrity etc).
FlashFiler seems like more close to DBMS notion.
But we have Firebird, the real world production DBMS. Only one major
distinction: it is deployed as DLL.

For info, UniDAC supports DBF in recent versions whereas TDbf was
abandoned several years ago.

Regards,
Serguei