[fpc-pascal] How to compile Lazarus program using only FPC?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 19:42:36 CEST 2015

Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> On 25/09/15 16:13, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 08:30:10 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
>> <markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>>> You /do/ appreciate that you can tunnel the X11 user interface across
>>> SSH, and that most distreaux enable this by default, don't you?
>> I have no idea what you are talking about here....
>> OTOH I have limited exposure to Linux, just installed a few virtual
>> machines to get an Apache webserver running for debugging website
>> development. And I have used a number of RPi units for specialized
>> tasks (media center, VPN and Print servers). The RPi:s are all
>> headless except the media center one, which is connected by HDMI to my
>> TV. And using a TV as the display does not really appeal to me...
>>
>> My series of questions here are caused by me (while travelling) trying
>> to collect all info needed for creating a controller application on
>> the RPi2 using a half dozen units I earlier programmed in Delphi. Too
>> much to rewrite in another language.
>> I never programmed anything on a Linux system before.
>>

> This seems like a nice tutorial on X over SSH:
>
> http://elinux.org/RPi_Remote_Access
>
> (not tried myself YMMV)

I'd have expected all necessary keys etc. to have been set up by
default. Certainly with Raspbian I didn't have to create them.

I'd also expect the SSH server (on Raspbian or other Debians) to have
been configured to accept X11 forwarding/tunneling. I can't remember
what the default state of the client is for this, which is where -X or
-Y comes into it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk