[fpc-pascal] How to compile Lazarus program using only FPC?

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Fri Sep 25 11:36:59 CEST 2015

> If absolutely necessary I will have to set up the RPi with a monitor,
> keyboard and mouse and install Lazarus and compile from there. But RPi
> is not as powerful a computer as the PC and it will probably be very
> slow if at all working....

You can VNC to the RPi. The Pi 2 is much faster and with more RAM then
the old Pi. It should be ok for using Lazarus.
Even it is slow, you only do the compilation once, after you completely
finish coding the project on Linux PC. The speed is not an issue.

There is also another option:
You buy a much more powerful ARM computer to do your interactive
development.
I bought an Odroid U3  from http://www.hardkernel.com a few years ago to
do my Linux-ARM Lazarus development.
After the project is compiled into a binary executable, I just moved it
to the RPi to run without any modification or change at all.

Now they have even more powerful ARM embedded computers already and the
speed should be close to a Windows PC.

Dennis