[fpc-pascal] Sound procedure does not work

Peter peter at pblackman.plus.com
Wed Sep 16 00:12:10 CEST 2015

On 15/09/15 22:14, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-09-15 20:59, Peter wrote:
>> I guess he means Procedure Sound in rtl/unix/crt.pp
>> This does not work for me either, just get the "sound of silence".
>

> That is a know problem for many years. Here is a thread from 2007.
>
> http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/simple-sound-implementation-td2816047.html#a2816060
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

Still, seems easy enough to do basic sounds in linux by shelling the
beep command....

program soundcheck;

uses Process;

var s : ansistring;

begin
   RunCommand ('beep',['-f','100','-l','900'],s);
end.

Fisrt number is frequency, 2nd is length in Ms.
Need to have 'beep' installed, and possibly need to do

sudo modprobe pcspkr

Regards,
PB